Due to the current weather forecast The Village of Hastings-on-Hudson Offices are closing at 2PM Today, Monday, December 2, 2019
The Architectural Review Board Meeting has been canceled for Monday, December 2, 2019. Rescheduled for Monday, December 9, 2019
The Board of Education Meeting and Public Hearing originally scheduled on December 2, 2019 has been canceled; as a result, Hastings-on-Hudson Union Free School District will be holding a public hearing on Monday, December 16, 2019 at 7:15 pm, in the Farragut Complex Lecture Room
REMINDER TO ALL RESIDENTS:
- If you have a driveway, PLEASE PARK YOUR VEHICLE IN YOUR DRIVEWAY, NOT IN THE ROAD.
- Please do not flood the police desk with phone calls asking when your street will be plowed. Main roads are always plowed first, then secondary roads.
- Please be patient. The DPW WILL GET TO YOUR STREET.
- Please DO NOT shovel snow back into the street.
- Please do not blow or shovel snow onto other people's property or onto their parked cars.
- Business owners and residents remember to shovel sidewalks within 12 hours of the last snowfall.
- If you should lose power, notify Con Edison at 1-800-75-ConEd or click here. DO NOT CALL POLICE .
- Only use 911 for Emergencies ( Crime, Fire, Health or Arching Wires, etc)
Some Safety Tips:
- Make sure you keep all rechargeable items fully charged, such as cell phones.
- Keep extra batteries in the house for flashlights, radios, etc.
- If you have a power outage we do not recommend using candles. However, if you do, make sure to keep the flames away from any combustible materials.
- Check on your neighbors, especially those that may be elderly, disabled or housebound.
- DO NOT go out in the storm if you do not have to.
- Report all emergencies to 911.
* WHAT...Snow accumulations of 2 to 4 inches.
* WHERE...Portions of northeast New Jersey, southern Connecticut and southeast New York.
This Afternoon: Snow. High near 35. Wind chill values between 20 and 25. North wind 16 to 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Tonight: Snow, mainly before 1am. Low around 28. Wind chill values between 15 and 20. Blustery, with a north wind 18 to 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Tuesday: Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 38. Wind chill values between 20 and 30. Northwest wind 11 to 15 mph.
Tuesday Night: Increasing clouds, with a low around 29. West wind 6 to 10 mph.
Wednesday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. West wind 5 to 8 mph.
Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.