- ADUs create additional housing stock, potentially at affordable price points
- ADUs create additional rental housing
- ADUs provide rental income to homeowners, allowing homeowners to manage increasing housing costs
Who Should Consider Adding an ADU?
- Those seeking affordability by adding rental income, such as seniors who want to continue living in the Village, but are on a fixed income
- Residents interested in creating more housing choices and opportunities in the Village
- Empty nesters, as an alternative to "downsizing"
- The homeowner can move into the ADU, but rent the main dwelling
An ADU may increase the value of your property, but could also modify your property taxes. Please contact your financial advisor.
For Hastings-on-Hudson specific information, visit the ZONING CODE
To complete an application for an ADU, CLICK HERE