This weekend there are many different fun-filled events in the Village – all good reasons to stay local and venture downtown to catch up with friends and support our businesses. Take a look at the Destination Hastings webpage HERE and Facebook pages HERE, or scroll down for more information.
Village-wide Tag Sale – TODAY: September 18, 10 to 4 pm
All day you can wander round the Village and search for treasures at the community tag sale organized by our Parks and Recreation Department (see HERE).
Sidewalk Sales – TODAY: September 18, all day
There will be sidewalk sales in the downtown all day, so in between visiting other events come down to browse and support our local businesses. As always, don’t forget about Destination Hastings Downtown Dollar$ – our very own local currency which can only be spent right here in the Village.
South by Southside – TODAY: September 18, 2 to 6 pm
This is the third iteration of the enormously popular South by Southside event, where the parking lot next to Maud’s and the circle in front of the Good Witch transform into a fun community hang. There will be live music from Bone Doctor, as well as food and drink specials from Maud’s Tavern, Saint George Bistro and the Good Witch, and fun activities from Wild Flower, Picture Book, Bloomy Rind and others.
Welcome Back Saturday – TODAY: September 18, 6 to 10 pm
Right after South by Southside, fun in the Downtown will continue with a Welcome Back Saturday event. Warburton Avenue will be closed for outdoor dining with music provided by the Danny Weis Quartet at the VFW Plaza between 6 and 10 pm. Many of our merchants will be open late, so drop by and pay them a visit too.
Hastings On Jazz – TOMORROW: September 19, 3 to 5:30 pm (note that the last jazz show for this year will be next Sunday …)
Tomorrow, Sunday September 19th, Hastings On Jazz will be performing at the VFW Plaza on Warburton Avenue from 3 to 5:30 pm. Hastings On Jazz is a weekly concert series from the Hastings Jazz Collective. Most weeks feature a special guest, and this week will be no exception, with Ray Blue on tenor sax, Tim Horner on drums, and Don Falzone on bass. While you’re there check out the new GioFrankie’s Hot Dog cart courtesy of Boro6 Wine Bar and B6 Kitchen, a charming addition to our downtown, modeled after the old-fashioned carts of days gone by. More importantly, if you haven’t had a chance to taste the Boro6 hot dogs or Penny Lick’s legendary ice cream you simply haven’t lived. Next week will be the last jazz concert this year, so don’t miss out!
- September 21st - Cone with a Cop (see HERE)
- September 22nd - Car Free Day in Hastings-on-Hudson (see HERE)
- September 23rd - Senior Outdoor Luncheon (see HERE)
- September 26th - Hastings On Jazz - the final summer performance of the Hastings Jazz
- September 30th – Dedication of Revolutionary Walk at Wagner Plaza (see HERE)
- October 1st - Welcome Back Friday with Jake Shulman Ment + Friends and Lantern Tours to see the new Battle of Edgars Lane historical site downtown!
- October 2nd - Revolutionary Hastings and the Hastings Historical Society present a Family Fun Day at Zinsser Park (see HERE)
- October 16th - Welcome Back Saturday with the Joel Arnow Trio
- October 16th - Repair Café 10 (see HERE)
See you around town!