Pedestrian Safety Measures
The following is the list for: (i) existing crosswalks; (ii) new crosswalks
I. Existing Crosswalks (already approved by Board of Trustees:
To further highlight to drivers and pedestrians, install stanchions (preferable in the middle of the crosswalk), paint with reflective white paint, install crosswalk signage (where missing) and improve overhead lighting.
1. Ravensdale/Clinton Ave
2. Ravensdale/Rosedale Ave
3. Farragut Ave/Mt. Hope Boulevard
4. Farragut Ave/Olinda Ave; realigning north crosswalk; install crossing at Olinda.
5. Mt. Hope Blvd/Rosedale Ave
6. School Street/Mt. Hope Blvd
7. Hillside Ave (Reynolds/school)
8. Hillside Ave/Farragut Ave
9. 5 Corners (including Chauncey)
10. Olinda Ave/B'way
12. Main Street/Warburton Ave
a. Southside/Cropsey Lane
b. South of Pedestrian Bridge
c. Southside/West Mam
14. Spring/Southside (all 3 corners)
16. Maple/Warburton (3 corners)
17. Warburton/B'way/Fraser Place
18. B'way /Villard Ave
20. Chauncey Lane/Croton Ave
21. B'way/Edgars Lane/ Maple Lane
22. Mt. Hope/Lefurgy Ave
25. Washington Ave/Aqueduct Lane
II. New Crosswalks
The following crosswalks reflect where there is existing high pedestrian traffic, community requests or identified in the village survey. To highlight to drivers and pedestrians, install stanchions preferable in the middle of the crosswalk), paint with reflective white paint, install crosswalk signage (where missing) and improve overhead lighting.
1. Across the driveway entrance/exit of Foodtown
2. Across the driveway entrance/exit of parking lot behind Boro6 from Spring Street
3. Across driveway entrance of parking lot behind Sakura, Dry Cleaning, etc. from Warburton
4. Maple/North St. (3 corners)
5. S. Calumet Ave/Chauncey Ln
6. Villard/Calumet Ave
7. Edgars Lane/Aqueduct
8. Merrill St./Farragut Ave
9. Farragut/Green St.
In addition to the crosswalk elements detailed above, the following new crosswalks will also require pedestrian ramps to the existing sidewalks.
10. Clinton Ave at Ravensdale Rd (north side)
11. Kent Ave at Ravensdale Rd (north side), telephone pole would also have to relocated
12. Southgate Ave at Ravensdale Rd (north side)
13. Ravensdale Rd/Farragut Ave (all turns)
14. Warburton/William St.
15. Warburton/Division St.
16. Darwin Ave/Chauncey Ln
The following crosswalks will have to be coordinated with the installation of sidewalks, as detailed below
17. Tompkins/James St.
18. James/High St.
19 Tompkins/James St.
20. James/High St.
21. Rosedale Ave at Ravensdale Rd (north side)
22. Hillside Ave North Side of School St. OR Rosedale
23. Rose Street/High Street
In conjunction with future traffic mitigation to slow traffic speeds on Villard