Dear Fellow Resident:
Happy New Year! The new year promises to be a busy one. We want to be certain you are kept informed on all the activities the Village offers. Toward that end, we offer the top 10 ways you can stay involved, keep informed and enjoy Village services and amenities.
1. Visit the Village website on a frequent basis. Bookmark as a favorite site so that you may be kept informed on the wealth of information available about Village government. Documents, meeting minutes, program announcements and video of all public events are there on demand.
2. Subscribe to receive Village news online. This is an effective way to make certain you are kept up-to-date on programs, activities and services. Road closures, weather advisories and program changes are just a few of the many informational postings that may be of interest to you.
3. Visit the Hastings-on-Hudson Public Library. There are terrific programs offered for all age groups, and there is certain to be an activity over the next 12 months that will interest you or a member of your family.
4. Volunteer to serve on a Village board, committee, commission or “friends“ group. Getting involved by bringing life or professional skills to assist in ensuring good government and quality-of-life programs is invaluable. Your help is most welcome.
5. Attend a Board of Trustees meeting. These meetings demonstrate the openness of your government to learn of concerns and observations on how we can better deliver municipal services at lower cost or at a higher quality level.
6. Enjoy walking along the several hiking trails throughout the Village. Rowley bridge trail, the Aqueduct or Hillside woods offer an opportunity to escape traffic, noise and to simply enjoy the outdoors.
7. Shop Hastings. The many Village shops, restaurants and businesses offer a wide variety of diverse shopping and dining opportunities to support neighborhood businesses.
8. Experience a Friday Night Live event. These programs are designed to attract all age groups. They also serve as a wonderful opportunity to meet friends and neighbors as you stroll along downtown streets enjoying activities at several venues.
9. Sign-up for family membership at the Chemka Pool. Hard to imagine there is anyone that doesn't enjoy this wonderful outdoor recreational facility.
10. Spend time enjoying the waterfront at either MacEachron Park or Kinnally Cove. These beautifully designed and well maintained parks offer a wonderful opportunity to take a break from your busy day and enjoy a picnic or simply sit on a bench and watch the boats along the majestic Hudson River.
These are my suggestions on how to best enjoy your community. I'm certain everyone has their favorites and there are countless other opportunities. I've heard it mentioned by some residents that living in the Village is so relaxing you almost feel like you're on vacation.
Thank you for reading my list and for the opportunity to serve as your Village Manager.
Francis A. Frobel
Village of Hastings-on-Hudson
7 Maple Ave, Hastings-on-Hudson, NY 10706
The Hastings-on-Hudson Technology Department asks that you consider the environment before printing this e-mail.